Quote# 46581

Who do you think God is punishing with Hurricane Gustav?
I blame the municipalities who allow stores to be open for business on Sundays and the people who patronize these stores. Sunday is supposed to be a day to praise the Lord and reflect on His greatness. Growing up, stores and restaurants were closed on Sunday. Good folks went to church and then mother would make family dinner. Times were better then. I salute the businesses that remain closed on Sundays to allow employees to go to church and not have to deal with un-Godly people.

Kenneth C, Yahoo Answers 53 Comments [9/2/2008 4:43:50 PM]
Fundie Index: 2
Submitted By: Thejebusfire

Quote# 46547

haha thats rite checkmate u dumbass athiests 2 billion christins vs 500 million athiests = CHRISTINS WIN

nlitement, YouTube 68 Comments [9/2/2008 5:55:47 PM]
Fundie Index: 4
Submitted By: Tom S. Fox

Quote# 100664


"The modern atheist mind wants to use modern their definition of rape as an absolute, such that a woman both before and after marriage is an autonomous being who has rights to resist any man including the man she married, and if he insists on sex, then that is rape and the male is legally guilty of a crime. One atheist University student we discussed this with was shocked to find such a definition did not exist even 20 years ago. Before that in most a western cultures, a married woman could not be raped by her husband since they were one flesh – a very biblical concept. Since the Biblical concept of love makes love not a feeling, but a choice which benefits another, then the Godly man has already figured out if she has a headache coming on, and such compassion means that she never needs to use sex as a weapon, or a legal threat, because a Godly woman is wise enough to never deny her husband to the point where she is forcing him to go elsewhere. "




John Mackay, Ask John Mackay "The Creation Guy" 69 Comments [4/23/2014 3:08:30 AM]
Fundie Index: 54
Submitted By: the_ignored

Quote# 140112

(since a certain commenter is pretty much asking for it...)

Major Homosexual Publication Declares That 2018 Is An ‘Excellent Year’ With A “Glorious Sexual Future” Because More Homosexuals Are Licking And Eating The Feces Of Other Homosexuals Than Ever Before


Pink News from the UK reports that 2018 is an ‘excellent year’ with a “glorious sexual future” because more homosexuals than ever before are partaking in a practice called “rimming,” – as in the rim of a toilet bowl- which is where a homosexual thrusts his tongue into the rectum of another homosexual to stimulate him:

A hashtag cataloguing attractive gay men who engage in rimming has gone viral.

And why did such a wonderful event occur?

Because we’re stepping into a glorious sexual future, that’s why.

#FineMenThatEatAss has taken over Twitter this week, with gay men coming out to share their preference and selfies with the world.

And just in case there was any doubt about the nature of the hashtag in terms of its sexuality, people were ready to set the record straight – so to speak.

One person wrote: “The str8s thought that #FineMenThatEatAss was for them?!!”

Another said: “If you’re straight and you participate in #FineMenThatEatAss that is cultural appropriation”.

Fair.

And yet another wrote: “girls realising the tag is for gays ????????.”

But let’s get to the real event: the loud and proud declarations that with these men, anilingus is always on the table.

One wrote: “You are all welcome”.

Another said: “THIS IS REALLY A THING AND IM HERE FOR IT.”

“Let me Jump in ????” was one enthusiast’s comment.

And he wasn’t content with just one post.

One person wrote: “One time for the one time ??.”

Another said: “what can I say ya boy be hungry ????.”

Which makes sense. We can relate.

“I’m late but ima join anyway ????” said another contributor

One person said: “You know I had to do it”.

And another opted for a pun to make his point

He wrote: “finally a thirst trap hashtag i can get… BEHIND.”

Of course, as many of us will know, oral-to-anal sex is loved by many.

So many, in fact, that Google searches around the topic are through the roof – including those looking for the official definition of rimming or the top tips for giving a great ass job.

Search terms like “rimming vid” are also massively popular as people enjoy watching the act sometimes as much as performing it.

Lots of people still have questions about eating their partner’s bum, such as “how to clean my ass before sex” and “do women enjoy rimming?”

So, if you’re in an environment where you can look at an article which explains the finer intricacies of rimming, we have just the thing for you.


For years, Shoebat.com told you about how homosexuals love to masturbate with feces.

For years, Shoebat.com told you about how homosexual porn frequently involves eating feces and drinking urine.

For years, Shoebat.com told you about how the homosexuals admit themselves that they love to eat feces even though it spreads diseases, and then the homosexuals blame “the government” for why they became sick. (source)

For years, other Christians have warned about the evil, disgusting, and deviant practices of the LGBT:

All the signs were there. They are disgusting and disturbing to look at, but failure to recognize or heed the signs does not stop the consequences they will bring from happening if they are not dealt with.

And here it is, 2018, and feces eating has now become “viral” among homosexuals.

Just as we warned.

You’re welcome.

CHRISTIANS ARE BEING TORTURED AND MURDERED AS WE SPEAK. PLEASE CLICK HERE TO GIVE A DONATION THAT WILL HELP UR RESCUE TEAM
IT IS BEST TO REACH US BY EITHER GOING DIRECTLY TO SHOEBAT.COM OR THROUGH OUR NEWSLETTER. CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER, AND CONTINUE EDUCATING YOURSELF ON WHAT THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA WON’T REPORT
CLICK HERE TO DONATE AND HELP SPREAD OUR CHRISTIAN MESSAGE

Andrew Bieszad, Shoebat.com 21 Comments [8/27/2018 3:09:47 AM]
Fundie Index: 8

Quote# 138873

Wiccans are openly acceptant of sexual sins which are Biblically prohibited. Witchcraft is infamous for sexual rituals and ceremonial nudity. Anton LaVey, founder of the CHURCH OF SATAN, wrote a book called, The Satanic Witch, in which teaches women how to take advantage of men. The book is pure evil and promotes the sins of feminism and sexual immorality. From researching their own writings and websites, witches are well-known for lesbianism, orgies and sexual licentiousness. No wonder they have such an attraction for the Pagan god, Pan (the world's foremost sexual pervert).

David J. Stewart, Jesus is Savior 10 Comments [8/28/2018 12:09:18 PM]
Fundie Index: 2

Quote# 140154

Chris Schene: Progressive churches, such as the Episcopal and Methodist, are nothing more than friends of common culture and all its perversions,
They are enemies of Jesus Christ and of His church.
Progressive "Christian" churches are more dangerous than Satanism to people: Satanism is obviously not Christian but the progressive and emerging churches present their Pagan idolatry as Christianity and the unchurched would not know any better.
Hey, many of these Churches are great social clubs and places where fellow Pagans get together, enjoy each others' company, enjoy good food and make great friends. Most members are just not followers of Jesus.

Theodore A. Jones: Since there are only a few that find the gate to become a Christian, according to Jesus, actually encountering a Christian is slim.

Chris Schene: I my local company office of 175 or so people, only 5 self-identify as Christian----roughly 3%. They have "gay pride" celebrations from time to time, which I excuse myself from. I was somewhat encouraged that only a few people attended and the attendance was so bad, they had to reschedule it 3 times.
In the churches I have attended, they would defrock a pastor or leader for so much as attending a gay pride celebration or wedding.
If a propagandist lie, such as "gays are born that way", over a period of time those with no moral framework will start to repeat it and believe it In the same way they say they are born that way, a very lustful man could offer that same reason for "sleeping around" with many women.
It's nonsense: The behavior is a choice and inappropriate for a Christian: repent, ask for forgiveness and stop.
And so I know what the classical response will be "What about greed, divorce, etc". Sins of the spirit (Greed, lust, pride, covetousness, ...) are really hard to identify and know for a certainty and often even unknown by the person guilty of them. Sins of behavior are the only things that were even punished in the OT or disciplined in the NT because they are obvious: you know if you are committing adultery or having sex with member of the opposite sex you are not married to. In most cases we know if a divorce is unscriptural, and some churches will expel a member for such sin.

Chris Schene, Patheos 8 Comments [8/29/2018 1:45:46 PM]
Fundie Index: 4
Submitted By: CC

Quote# 140156

Guest Verified:
So those atheist zealots are shoving their religion down the throats of the rest of us.

infidel1000:
Nope, just want christians to obey the law like everybody else has to. No shoving the bible down the throats of the citizens on government property. The government has no right to tell us who or what or whether to worship. You can indoctrinate anybody in your church or home, but the government belongs to all the people, not just the religious. Think about it, if you can. That protects your religion too.

Guest Verified:
You just posted the tenets of your own faith. Leave everyone else's alone, you zealot.

infidel1000:
I have no "faith". If you have evidence that what I said is wrong, I'd be glad to examine it. Can you say the same?

Guest Verified:
You just expressed faith in having no faith. Thanks for demonstrating your tenets.

Sacchinftw:
Protip: atheism is as much of a religion as bald is a hair color.

Guest Verified:
That's been proven to be an illogical argument. Hair colour has nothing to do with a belief system. Try to stay on topic.

(comment deleted by Christian News Network)

Guest Verified:
An analogy must be accurate or else it ceases to be anything other than a joke. Again, you fail at making an accurate analogy to prove your point. You cannot, because there isn't one. You practice the religion of atheism and you are shoving it down everyone else's throats, just like Nazis did. Sad.

E Hakenson:
Atheism is simply the lack of belief in god. that's it. It's neutral.

Guest Verified:
There is no such thing as a neutral belief system. You're a religious fanatic. Face it.

Guest Verified, Christian News Network 13 Comments [8/29/2018 1:46:37 PM]
Fundie Index: 5
Submitted By: Jocasta

Quote# 140158

The Theory of Relativity cannot be reconciled with the Second Law of Thermodynamics. Search and both and the lack of reconciliation is striking. The Book of Genesis describes a fundamental underlying uncertainty; the Theory of Relativity denies it.

Andy Schlafly, Conservapedia 8 Comments [8/29/2018 1:47:25 PM]
Fundie Index: 7

Quote# 46558

If life does not begin at conception why does Planned Parenthood hand out so many condoms?

PLAL, Catholic Answers Forum 56 Comments [9/2/2008 11:39:34 PM]
Fundie Index: 13

Quote# 46483

Evolution is True? I recommend some major studying because evolution is a complete joke. Evolution is most definitely NOT proven! Adaptation and Change (such as catepillar to a butterfly, sometimes called micro evolution) does not mean Alligator to a Seagull, Seagull to a Mouse, Mouse to a Chicken, Chicken to a Shark, ad nauseum. It has never been witnessed since recorded history and that covers thousands of years. Transitional fossils? Can't say anybody has ever found ONE let alone trillions that should be discovered with each shovel of dirt. Evolution is the only state funded religion, imagine that.

(Emphasis added)

Mason, RaptureReady 49 Comments [9/2/2008 8:52:05 PM]
Fundie Index: 4
Submitted By: PeterGriffin

Quote# 46403

the most complicated molecule known to man is a DNA molecule, if life were to work by natural selection the most complex would have had to come first as far as life goes. a single celled organism is more complicated than a single cell of multi-celled organism. the theory of going from simple to more complex fails in that the complex came before the simple. and that's undeniable. also if a multicelled organism, say needs several different specialized organs made from different cells than how would these organs form over time not having the other organs they rely on to live in the first place.

Sot, WoW offtopic 28 Comments [9/2/2008 11:42:49 PM]
Fundie Index: 3
Submitted By: Worldsend

Quote# 140030

Here's a short list of famous LGBT Hollywood celebrities: Former California governor Ronald Reagan (Rainbow Ronnie), Robert Reed (Mike, the father on The Brady Bunch), Paul Newman, James Dean, Marlon Brando, Burt Lancaster, Sal Mineo, Sir Ian McKellen, Richard Jaeckel, Steve McQueen, Whoopi Goldberg, Brandon De Wilde, Tony Curtis, Montgomery Clift, Ellen DeGeneres, Neil Patrick Harris, Scissor Sisters, Melissa Etheridge, Sean Hayes, Cynthia Nixon, Arnold Schwarzenegger (featured in gay porn magazines), Lance Bass, and MANY MORE!!!

You've got a lot of actors in Hollywood who will tell you they are not gay, but they act gay in movies, committing acts of homosexuality. I'd say that's VERY gay! At a minimum they are glorifying and approving of sin that Christ died for, which bring the judgments of God (Romans 1:32), which causes God to punish the wicked with vengeance in the fires of Hell for all eternity. Jude 1:7, “Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.” Do you think sin is a trifle matter to God? Do you think God approves of Hollywood actors acting out despicable sins for the world to view and lust upon?

There's a big difference between a person who sins, repents, and is determined not to sin again; verse another person who parades sin, glorifies sin, and acts out sin on camera for the world to see. Is it a sin to pretend to commit a sin? When you are talking about two men making out on camera, yes, absolutely! It is sinful for a man and woman to pretend to have sex on camera. They are naked and touching each other. It is sinful. Cameramen are watching these people lie in bed, fondling each other and kissing each other, recording it all to make a movie. The word “movie” seems to diminish the evil and filthiness, the exceeding sinfulness of it all. Nudity and adultery are sinful.

The Biblical movie “Joseph” (which many Christians have purchased and watched), shows Potiphar's wife's teats on her breasts through a negligee. That's immoral wickedness!!! This is supposed to be a so-called “Christian” film. In real life some woman took her clothes off and allowed her naked body to be filmed, wearing only a thin negligee. The cameramen and producer, and other actors including the man who plays Joseph, all saw her nakedness to make this so-called Christian film. It is evil in the sight of God. The Biblical movie “Matthew” shows a young boy as Herod's henchman kill the children, about 5 years old, standing totally naked from the back. It is wickedness!!! Public nudity is a sin! The Biblical movie “Samson,” shows much more of Delilah than any man should ever see of a woman who is not his wife. It is sensual and of the Devil, labeled as a “Christian” film, promoting pornography. You cannot buy religious films these days because they are all made by pornographers and wicked men and women.

The Passion of Christ is morally decent to watch, but the man who plays Jesus Christ is a bisexual drag-queen in real life. The film promotes the biggest demonic cult in the world, Roman Catholicism, giving emphasis to Mary where the Bible never does. The movie is not made by Christians. Jesus is even presented with a black eye in the film, linking him with the Antichrist.

God will not be mocked; homosexuality brings the judgment of God (Romans 1:24-32; Hebrews 9:27; 10:31). I think Lex Luthor from SUPERMAN had the right idea of nuking the San Andreas fault line and plunging California into the ocean. Goodbye Hollywood and Los Angeles, the porn center of the world!!!

Even so, come quickly, Lord Jesus!

David J. Stewart, Jesus is Savior 13 Comments [8/28/2018 12:36:38 PM]
Fundie Index: 4

Quote# 46569

Let's suppose for a moment that evolution is true and verifiable (scientifically speaking). I would have to believe that we as humans have been inhibiting our progression as a species by our human efforts to eradicate disease, poverty and war. These conditions which we see as enemies of civilization are the very elements that - if one believes in evolution, are meant to improve our genetic makeup and eventually change us acordingly. Disease wipes out inferior or week life forms...war eliminates those who are intellectually stunted and poverty allows the stronger to enslave the weaker. These are things that we (if one believes in evolution) must not be resisted in the quest for a higher and more advanced society. The elderly must be euthanized, the sick be exterminated and the poor must be sexualy sterilized and then enslaved to enrich the society of the priveleged.

....right out of the sick mind of some nihilistic "scientists" and philosophers, right? His name was Hitler.

For the record, I believe that the earth was created (designed) by the master designer himself...Jesus Christ.

Neil G., TalkOrigins 43 Comments [9/3/2008 6:15:25 AM]
Fundie Index: 4
Submitted By: Tom S. Fox

Quote# 140178

He once drew loli art of Keemstar's underage daughter as a fucked up "joke". I'd argue that there is indeed something wrong with drawing softcore porn of someone's daughter because you got in a dumb twitter feud with them, and "he likes being edgy" is a shit excuse for vile behavior.


Why? It's just a drawing. You can't just go around demanding people not draw things just because you don't like them.

IkaisMywife, reddit 10 Comments [8/30/2018 10:56:31 AM]
Fundie Index: 1

Quote# 46442

Atheist, do you not believe in God because there is not “physical” evidence of His existence?
Have you ever tried reading the Bible?
Has a Christian ever tried to witness to you but you cut them off or turned them away?
Have you ever thought that God does really exist?
Was there something specific that caused you to not believe that God exists?
If I told you that God loves you, you wouldn’t believe me because He doesn’t exist right? Why?
If I told you that God will judge you, you wouldn’t believe me right? Why?
If I told you that in the book of Revelations it says that Jesus will return for His believers you surely would not believe me right? Why?

I am not trying to be rude. I just notice that many Atheists really try and bring down the Chrisitan faith, (my faith). I would like to know why it's so important that you try and quiet us and make us believe that we are dilusional or something. I feel that you are a bit close-minded but you probably feel the same way about me.

L T, Yahoo questions 59 Comments [9/3/2008 6:29:42 AM]
Fundie Index: 2
Submitted By: onein6billion

Quote# 46487

[Regarding Artic sea ice dropping to the second lowest level on record]

ITs CALLED SUMMER IDIOTS...

ice FREEZES IN WINTER
ice THAWES IN SUMMER

USAmerican, Topix 34 Comments [9/3/2008 8:16:22 AM]
Fundie Index: 6
Submitted By: PeterGriffin

Quote# 140150

(They're referring to a 9 year old who killed themselves after homophobic bullying)

Correct. As sad as this suicide is, the very fact, the very idea that the school is going to use this suicide to indoctrinate other children into believing that homosexuality is not a sick perverted disease, is just as tragic.

If I were a teacher at that school I would be trying to show, trying to teach that little Jamal needed help, encouragement and treatment to get over this sickness, this illness. I would want to impress on the other children that being gay is not normal. It’s a perversion. Do not be like Jamal.

Responsibility2nd, Free Republic 15 Comments [8/28/2018 1:40:23 PM]
Fundie Index: 22
Submitted By: Katie

Quote# 140177

I've never seen such horrendous prejudice in my life. Every serious crime Obama committed ignored by media. Everything minor Trump does...none of them crimes...is a life-in-prison crime. I call this treason by media. A conspiracy to force a coup.

Flashback: Obama Offered $150,000 Bribe to Silence Crackpot Hate ...
The Mueller Special Counsel and New York District Attorney’s Office seek to destroy President Trump for paying out $130,000 in hush money to two fo ...
thegatewaypundit.com


Wayne Allyn Root, Twitter 14 Comments [8/30/2018 10:56:11 AM]
Fundie Index: 3
Submitted By: Chris

Quote# 140148

As a sub-3 male, I refuse to work or contribute to society in any shape or form. I will leech off of others until the very day I die. I will not go to school or do anything remotely productive with my life because of my deformed body and face. Looks=foundation of your entire life. Without a functioning and aesthetic foundation you can not truly level up in life.

UglyHikikomori, incels.me 12 Comments [8/28/2018 1:40:05 PM]
Fundie Index: 9
Submitted By: Katie

Quote# 140170

How old is the Earth?
Mankind determining the age of the earth is a bit like the proverbial blind men inspecting an elephant in order to derive the development of its internal organs. In science, facts about the natural world are best discovered using the scientific method, wherein a hypothesis is tested until it can be proven or disproven. Events that are too small, too far away, or too long ago can only be surmised by analyzing the data at hand. A theory gains credibility when another clue is discovered which agrees, or when the theory predicts a consequential discovery which is later confirmed.

The age of the earth is a matter that is, of course, too long past for experimentation. If its development is related to the formation of other planets, stars, etc., distance is added to the mix, making analysis all but impossible.

But there is one more factor which completely derails any objective discovery—the character and social environment of those doing the discovering. It is nearly impossible to procure the resources and support required to study the issue unless the researcher agrees to begin with the assumption that the earth is billions and billions of years old. For one, the presumption is so deeply ingrained in the scientific community that it has reached the level of a moral imperative. In addition, the evidence available is too incomplete to lead to a concrete answer on its own. Data cannot be interpreted in a way that will lead to any kind of conclusion unless an underlying assumption is made first. If this sounds like circular reasoning, it's because it is.

There is a small group of scientists, largely marginalized or even mocked, who begin with the assumption that the biblical account of creation in Genesis 1 and 2 is literal, and the earth is quite young. Because of the nature of scientific resource allocation, the bulk of their time is spent refuting the conclusions old-earth scientists make from the data at hand. Inasmuch as we can scientifically deduce long ago events, their findings are worth considering.

The three main fields regarding the age of the earth are astronomy, geology, and theology.

Astronomy may be one of the most difficult branches of science to study. The subjects are too far away to monitor directly, and much of the interest in the subject deals with events in the far past. Scientists have deduced that the universe began billions of years ago after a super explosion—the Big Bang. The gases coalesced into stars and then galaxies sometime later.

Besides the great amount of improvable conjecture involved in such a claim, there are two glaring problems. The first is in regards to the speed at which our galaxy rotates. At such a speed, had it been in existence for the billions of years claimed, the highly definable arms would have smeared into a disk. In fact, the stars would have spread out after only a few hundred million years. The shapes of the galaxies do not support billions of years of existence.

The second issue is the lack of supernovae. A supernova is a star that has exploded, leaving behind a cloud of particles. At the current rate of supernova explosions, a billion-year universe should be filled with the remains of dead stars. Instead, we can see only about 200—the amount expected to form in about 7000 years.

The discussion regarding the geological evidence of the age of the earth is broader and more puzzling. In an environment where improvable assumptions are essential for professional assistance and advancement, half-understood theories are touted as fact, obscuring a purer, objective analysis.

Many scientists believe they can accurately determine the age of rocks using a process called radiometric dating. Heavy elements, such as uranium, gradually degrade over time, losing protons, neutrons, and electrons until the atoms literally transform into a different element. By comparing how much of the heavier "mother" element a rock contains compared to the lighter "daughter" element, it's thought that the time since the rock has cooled from magma can be determined. Unfortunately, this process makes some erroneous assumptions. One is that the original magma contained absolutely no daughter elements. Another is that the rate of decay has stayed the same in the billions of years since the rock cooled. Both of these assumptions have been proven problematic. Samples from the same area in the Grand Canyon have given wildly different ages. And rock formed from lava which hardened mere decades ago in New Zealand and the crater of Mt. St. Helens have given results consistent with rocks that are supposed to be millions of years old.

Carbon-14 is an isotope of carbon that is used to measure the age of previously organic material in fossils up to 60,000 years old. Carbon-14 is made when cosmic radiation strikes a nitrogen atom, turning one of its protons into a neutron, and turning the nitrogen atom into carbon. This carbon atom latches onto oxygen atoms making carbon dioxide which is absorbed by plants and eaten by animals. Once the animal dies, thereby ending its procurement of any type of carbon, the C-14 atom decays. Carbon-14 has two extra neutrons in its nucleus, creating a chemically unstable situation. One of the neutrons will convert to a proton, changing the element back to nitrogen. It takes 5730 years for half of the C-14 to revert back to nitrogen. Thus, if the original amount of C-14 is known, the time the source died can be determined. This initial amount is deduced by the fairly stable ration of C-12 and C-14 currently present in our atmosphere, using the assumption that the planet is billions of years old and has had time to come to a C-12/C-14 equilibrium. If, however, the magnetic field around the earth has changed over the millennia, and if the Genesis Flood is true, today's C-12/C-14 ration cannot be considered a standard. The distinction is critical because at 40 million years old, fossils should have no C-14 left. And at 100,000 years old, coal beds shouldn't either. But they do. As do diamonds which are supposed to be millions or billions of years old.

The optimistic assumption that radioactive elements were pure, or at least knowable, in the formation of the parent rock is a noble thought, but presumptuous. A simpler answer is the earth has not maintained the steady state old-earth scientists believe. And the global Flood had a much larger impact than imagined. Both of these would indicate the age of the earth is much younger than previously thought.

Theological issues don't concern those old-earth proponents who choose to be atheists, but scientists who believe the earth is quite old—yet still the work of a Creator—find themselves up against a wall. In their attempt to maintain credibility with the secular society while keeping their standing in the church, they get a little creative with the text and the work of God in human history.

Language comes into play in two different ways in this argument. The first is the translation of the word "day" in the creation account of Genesis 1. Old-earth creationists claim the Hebrew word can mean an undefined span of time. Theologians who believe Genesis 1 is to be taken literally point out that the usage of a number with the Hebrew word (such as "second day") always means a literal day. In addition, in verses 5, 8, 13, 19, 23, and 31, the writer uses the phrase "there was evening and there was morning…" No amount of semantical gymnastics could force this phrase to infer the earth is billions of years old.

Old earth creationists also use language to claim that Genesis 1-11—the creation and the Flood stories—are not historical accounts. They are poetry, meant to provide a lyrical summary of God's work to a scientifically unsophisticated people. Steven W. Boyd, Ph.D., completed a study to determine if this was the case. His statistical study of verb usage in Hebrew literature determined that the chance that Genesis 1:1-2:3 is historical narrative and not poetry is %99.9942. Meaning to say, the author of Genesis, inspired by the Holy Spirit (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21), meant to write a historically accurate account, not a symbolic metaphor.

The second theological issue regarding the age of the earth deals with the relationship between sin and death. God told Adam that if he ate from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, he would die. Adam ate, and God not only promised him death in Genesis 3:19, He ensured Adam would die by guarding the Tree of Life (Genesis 3:22-24). Romans 5:12 clearly says, "… sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin …" If this is the case, if death entered because of Adam's sin, if the world before Adam's sin was "very good," how can old-earth proponents justify billions of years of animal violence? Or cancer in the bones of dinosaurs? Or the story of sin in relation to the evolution of mankind? How could Adam have been descended from apes and Neanderthals long dead if he, himself, brought sin and death to mankind?

If the Bible is God's inspired Word, and not the recordings of a primitive people telling each other stories, then the age of the earth is present in its text, waiting for science to catch up. The genealogies say the earth is about 6000 years old. The Flood account gives more than ample explanation for many of the geological anomalies we find. And Genesis 1–3 clearly explain the theological relationship between first man's sin and all mankind's death. We choose what to believe. We can choose to follow a manmade theory (Romans 1:25) in order to gain man-given praise (Romans 2:29), or we can choose to believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God, that God is intimately involved in creation, and that manmade science just hasn't caught up yet (1 Corinthians 4:5). The age of the earth is not a salvation issue. There are many godly Christians who believe the earth is billions of years old. And yet the motivation for believing in an old earth may be a salvation issue if we crave the approval of men more than God (John 12:37-43).

Michael Houdmann, Compelling Truth 12 Comments [8/29/2018 2:01:27 PM]
Fundie Index: 10

Quote# 46526

First of all JESUS didnt come to earth to form a "religion".. he came to start HIS Kingdom..thats why HE is called "The King of all Kings"...He confronted and rebuked the Jewish 'religious folks"all the time....they wanted their rules and regulations, which neglecting compassion and love...Hypocrites he called them!!
Now Satan loves "religion" he loves to get into someones mind,decieve them, pervert the simplicity of the Gospel....start a "new religion"...usually on false doctrines....like Mormons, etc...
I dont care for "religion" but I LOVE JESUS CHRIST and HIS word
so are religions respectable??? I dont know but I do know only ONE religion has a resurrected saviour.. My LORD GOD is alive and coming back soon (dancing smilie)

CHRISTinCheryl, RaptureReady 32 Comments [9/3/2008 12:10:25 AM]
Fundie Index: 2

Quote# 140163

Gays are disgusting to begin with. Anyone who wants to stick his dick in another dude is already kinda fucked up in the head. To quote DMX, "how you gonna explain fuckin' a man? Even if we squash the beef I ain't touchin' yo hand!"

Maxliam, Kiwi Farms 12 Comments [8/29/2018 1:49:49 PM]
Fundie Index: 5

Quote# 46400

Do you think it would make a difference if Christianity was taught in schools?


And as a devouted Christian would you like that even though it violates separation of church and state?

Answer :
Did you notice how our schools went down hill so fast after they took prayer out of schools. Did you notice that after 911 that even George W. Bush told people to pray in the schools even though it was unconstitutional. Christianity should be taught in schools even if it violates seperation of church and states. These laws are what you call "unrighteous" laws which stem from a devilish wisdom. The laws of love, justice, and mercy are "higher" than goverment laws, therefore they take precedence over any man-made law. There was a story in the Old Testement about Elijah the Prophet who was being mocked by the children of a certain village. Elijah called down a curse on the children and 2 bears came out of the woods and mauled the children. Do you know why that happened? Because the parents did not teach their children about God nor to reverence Him or His prophet. As a result of not teaching them God's ways the children suffer the wrath of God.

Obi-wan-kenobi, Yahoo Answers 41 Comments [9/3/2008 1:04:56 AM]
Fundie Index: 7
Submitted By: J Arcenas

Quote# 46468

They say life evolved on Earth from a single -cell organism which later turned into a sea creature and then a land creature. However there is absolutely no sure way to prove this right .It is only "assumed" that this is what might have happened.The big bang happened and there are 3 pieces of evidence to show how the universe formed. There is no real evidence showing the evolution of an ameoba into a sea creature. Why then is evolution forced upon every one ? why are other theories of lifes emergence not studied or discussed?

Bla Bla Y, Yahoo! Answers 19 Comments [9/3/2008 6:54:56 AM]
Fundie Index: -1
Submitted By: PeterGriffin

Quote# 46478

(The seeker's prayer. Apparently if you say this prayer God will "make" you believe)

Dear God, whom I hate with all my being precisely because you hate and threaten me with hell, I hate this punishment perhaps even more than I hate you. Or, maybe I should say that I love my comfort even more than I hate you. For that reason I am asking a favor of you. I want you to make me love you, whom I hate even when I ask this and even more because I have to ask this. I am being frank with you because I know it is no use to be otherwise. You know even better than I how much I hate you and that I love only myself. It is no use for me to pretend to be sincere. I most certainly do not love you and do not want to love you. I hate the thought of loving you but that is what I'm asking because I love myself. If you can answer this 'prayer' I guess the gift of gratitude will come with it and then I will be able to do what I would not think of doing now—thank you for making me love you whom I hate. Amen.

Dr. John Gerstner, A Puritan's Mind 41 Comments [9/3/2008 8:14:13 AM]
Fundie Index: 4